No matter where you are in your business, continuing education (CE) should be a part of your career path.
Even where CE is not required, a commitment to continuing education is a sign of professionalism and an important safeguard for clients.
In provinces where they are required, keeping track of your CE credits is an important aspect of maintaining your license:
- Use a system to track your CE completions.
- Keep a spreadsheet with the course title, date, provider, course description and CE code details. Check out our sample tracker to get you started.
- Save your CE certificates for at least five years. These should include:
- Name of the course and course provider
- Date(s) when courses or seminars were completed
- Qualifying hours
- Signature of an authorized representative of the course provider
Having a tracking system in place and the certificates to back it up, will help you respond to an audit should your provincial body conduct one.
At ivari we offer you three ways to earn CE credits:
- Live webinars – ivari hosts live webinars across Canada throughout the year. Check with your ivari Sales Director to learn more.
- In-person seminars – Check with your ivari Sales Director to learn more. We also have an easy-to-use check in/check out process!
- Online courses- ivari’s online courses are available through the Learning centre on ivari.ca.
For more information, see our ivari Learning page.
Published on: February 8, 2023