If you believe that you are the owner or represent the owner of property held by ivari or its predecessor companies and you wish to make an inquiry, you can contact ivari through one of the following methods:
- Email [email protected]; or
- Complete and submit the unclaimed property inquiry form along with 2 pieces of identification one of which is a piece of photo ID that establishes name, signature and date of birth.
If you are acting in a representative capacity, please submit a copy of the document that provides you with the authority to make the inquiry (for example, Power of Attorney).
ivari currently administers policies originally issued by the following insurers:
- NN Life Insurance Company of Canada
- MONY Life Insurance Company of Canada
- Halifax Life
- Commercial Life
- Transamerica Occidental Life Insurance Company
- Transamerica Life Canada
What we need
Prior to releasing the funds to any claimant, ivari must be satisfied as to the claimant’s identity and entitlement to the property. To establish the claimant’s identity, ivari requires 2 pieces of identification, one of which is a piece of photo ID that establishes name, signature and date of birth (if not provided with the inquiry). Additional documentations, such as the ones listed below, may be required:
- a copy of documentation verifying property identification (for example, a copy of the policy/contract, a confirmation statement previously received from us)
- Social Insurance Number
I’ve submitted an inquiry, what’s next?
Your inquiry will be investigated and a communication will be sent to you within five (5) business days to confirm whether ivari found a match to your claim inquiry. The claim process will commence after this confirmation. Should your claim be denied, you will be notified of our appeal process.
Need more help?
If this search is unsuccessful, you may obtain further assistance as follow:
For residents of British Columbia:
For residents of Quebec:
For residents of Alberta:
If you don’t know the name of the insurance provider, you can use the policy search service offered by the Canadian Life and Health Insurance OmbudService.