To help you continue doing business with us when you are unable to meet with clients in person, we have recently introduced a few new processes. We know things are moving quickly these days, so in case you missed them the first time around, here’s what you need to know!
COVID-19 – Non face-to-face guidelines & eDelivery
We’re here to help and make it easier to do non face-to-face business with us.
We take the health and safety of our valued employees, advisors, applicants and policyholders seriously and we are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely. At this time, we encourage you to only use video conference calling technology (Skype, FaceTime, Zoom etc.) to maintain contact with your clients.
Process for working with new clients:
What you need to know
- For UL policies, ivari will use Equifax to verify the client’s identity – this process will not affect your client’s credit rating
- ivari reminds you to not store a client’s personal information on an unprotected device or system
- Once the application is approved, ivari will upload the policy contract to webcappow
- Once the premium is paid and all delivery requirements are received by ivari, your client will be covered
Please continue to perform your needs-based market conduct duties while we work to provide a seamless experience for everyone. We will continue to refine this process and contact you if we require additional information to settle the policy.
eDelivery of policy contracts
In keeping with the non face-to-face process, effective Monday, March 30th, 2020, your client’s policy contract will generate and be available for download in webcappow. Once the policy contract is ready to be downloaded, you will be notified via your regular daily consolidated eNotification.
Be prepared! Make sure you’re registered on ivari.ca to receive these eNotifications. If you need assistance, reach out to your Sales Director.
Heads up Distributors! You will receive a new daily email notification when there are policy contracts ready to be downloaded.
We’ve made some changes to our age and amount requirements
Great news, we have revised our age and amount requirements!
- We have increased our non-med underwriting for certain age groups up to $750,000
- We replaced Paramedical with a Telephone Interview
Supporting your business
For pending applications that were signed on or before March 13 where:
- Applications with a face amount up to and including $1,000,000 for ages up to and including 50
- Applications with a face amount up to and including 500,000 for ages up to and including 55
We may waive requirements if there is no medical condition such as heart, cancer, stroke, diabetes or significant respiratory disease.
For New Business applications signed after March 13:Our new age and amount requirements chart will apply and only for this interim period (COVID-19) these additional exceptions will apply:
- Applications with a face amount up to and including $750,000 for ages 0 and including 50, will be handled as non-med underwriting.
- All applications being handled as non-med must be signed by the client
- For the balance of the age groups and face amounts our new age and amount chart will apply and if we can, we may be able to waive requirements depending on the the medical condition, age, and face amount
- If requirements cannot be waived due to age, amount, or a medical condition, the underwriter may ask for an APS (Attending Physician Statement) or request questionnaires to be completed instead.
- A rating offer may not be available, and those cases could be postponed or remain in pending status until the required underwriting evidence is available.
- If requirements are waived, a signed Delivery Receipt/Declaration of Good Health statement will be needed.
- In the Delivery Receipt/Declaration of Good Health statement there is a statement, “No one insured under this Policy has had any change in their health, occupation, finances, lifestyles….”.
If the client experiences job loss on a temporary basis due to COVID-19, the policy can still be delivered.
Any other change in the insured’s health means the policy cannot be delivered.
After the COVID-19 crisis is over we will revert to our normal age and amount chart without the exception.
eDelivery of policy contracts to clients through webcappow
Making it easier for you to do business online
You can now deliver policy contracts to your clients electronically, and securely, through webcappow.
With ivari’s end-to-end process, you can receive a policy contract, release it to your client(s) and return the delivery requirements to ivari entirely through webcappow.
To learn more about this process, log in to ivari.ca and check out the eDelivery page.