By using a Universal Life (UL) insurance policy as the vehicle to transfer non-registered assets, your clients immediately increase the value of their estate by minimizing income taxes and bypassing probate and estate fees.
Creating a valuable gift
When meeting with clients, asking them the following questions will help you decide whether or not the Family Wealth Transfer Strategy from ivari is right for them. If any of these goals are a priority, then they should consider this strategy.
Ask your client if they would like to:
- Provide financially for the future of their children?
- Reduce the tax consequences of giving money to their children?
- Maintain control of their assets until their children are ready to receive this gift?
- Provide an inheritance for their children that is affordable?
- Provide a gift for their children while they are still alive?
For clients who are interested in learning more about this Strategy, you can send them the client-friendly version of the Family Wealth Transfer Strategy. This guide details the benefits of the Strategy in plain language that clients can easily understand.